The odds of a crisis happening to you or someone that you know is higher than you think. Knowing how to approach the situation correctly and safely could help a life-threatening situation as well as help you with the stress that comes along with it.
1. The Canadian Red Cross offers a free Psychological First Aid Guide
The guide will teach you:
- How to create your own self-care plan
- The Look, Listen, Link, Live Cycle
- How to provide Psychological First Aid to others
- The Do No Harm Principles
Click here to receive the guide now:
2. Mental Health Commission of Canada offers Mental Health First Aid
MHFA is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing a mental health crisis, or a worsening of their mental health.
Click here to find a virtual or in-person course: https://www.mhfa.ca/
3. Parkland College located in Yorkton, SK offers Mental Health First Aid
To register or for more information call 306.786.2760 or toll free: 1.866.783.6766
For more info click: https://parklandcollege.sk.ca/programs/safety/mentalhealthfirstaid.html
4. Share A Life offers Psychological Training located in Saskatoon