Life can become extremely hectic and overwhelming and we sometimes forget to practise self-care. When we forget there is often a build up of stress that can be determinantal to our well-being.
What is self-care?
- Self-care is an activity that we intentionally do in order to take care of our mind, emotions, physical, and spiritual health.
- Good self-care helps improve your mood and reduces anxiety.
- It is key to a good relationship with oneself and others.
Self-care is NOT:
- something we force ourselves to do
- something we don’t enjoy doing
An Indigenous perspective on Self-Care using the Medicine Wheel